Saturday 5 May 2012

April/May Music Faves

I love to listen to music whenever I can and I like to think I have quite a large variety of music on my iPod (though I do tend to like more dance or mainstream songs.) I have an 8tracks website here if you'd like to see more of the music I like, but for now here's some of my favourite songs from this spring! Note: not all are new, I may have only just come across some old songs which I figured were too good to miss out on (: Happy listening!

1. Azealia Banks
This girl is so cool and makes really fun and catchy music. Caution: a lot of the language is rather explicit, but when you get songs this good it's hard to resist listening to them anyway!
Azealia Banks - 212 ft. Lazy Jay
Azealia Banks - Seventeen

2. Music from 21 Jump Street
I just watched this movie the other day and found it to be hilarious! I'm a sucker for a comedy, especially one as crazy as this. Then again, Channing Tatum might have increased my liking for this film that little bit more. I loved two of the songs from the movie; one of which was the theme song and the other which was the original theme song redone (it used to be a TV series) -
Rye Rye & Esthero - 21 Jump Street
Wallpaper - 21 Jump Street (this one was the original, and they really should make a longer version cause it's so good, am I right?)


3. Adam Lambert
He just came out with a new song which I personally think is his best so far! It's not very unlike the music from his previous album, but it has a more modern vibe plus the lyrics are quite nice.
Adam Lambert - Never Close Our Eyes







4. Foxes
Foxes' music is fresh and chill, and makes for a whole lot of great dubstep remixing. I do, however, prefer the original songs over the latter - her voice is just too perfect to need heavy bass in the background.
Foxes - Youth
Foxes - Home (this song was featured on a very recent episode of Gossip Girl a couple weeks ago!)



5. Glee
So by now I bet you're thinking Glee covers a little overrated and not as great as they were when the show first came out, but recently they've done some really nice covers of both calm and sweet music, as well as up beat and fun!
Glee - Hungry Like The Wolf/Rio - a mash-up of two great Duran Duran songs
Glee - Shake It Out - a beautiful acoustic rendition of Florence & The Machine's song



6. Rita Ora
She's only had a few of her own songs out so far, as well as featuring on some others, but she's definitely one to watch out for! Her voice is stunning, fitting perfectly with a great dance beat and some fun lyrics.
Rita Ora - How We Do (Party)





7. Stefano
Stefano Langone was once on American Idol Season 10, though I had completely forgotten this when I first heard this song. Had I realised when I used to watch the show that his voice was this good, I definitely would've wanted him to go further than his final 7th placing! This song makes me want to dance every time I listen to it.
Stefano - I'm On A Roll ft. New Boyz & Rock Mafia





8. Two Door Cinema Club
This band has some great indie music, however for someone like me with more of a mainstream taste, I couldn't help but love the remixed version! If you're an indie fan though, the original is still really great!
Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know (Nighty Max Remix)







9. Angus & Julia Stone
This Aussie brother & sister duo have been wowing fans for years now with their beautiful harmonious voices, yet it was their song featured in an ad for the TV series Revenge (which I watch and recommend to everyone, by the way) which really caught my ear.
Angus & Julia Stone - For You






10. Ariana Grande
I've watched this stunner on her TV show Victorious for quite a while now (yes, I'm a Disney fan) but I never realised just how great a singer she was until searching her up on Youtube - and clearly many agree with me based on her millions of video views! Not only this, but she's incredible at impersonating other singers too, so go check that out too.
Ariana Grande - Love The Way You Lie (Rihanna Cover)
Ariana Grande - Born This Way/Express Yourself - this mash-up gives Glee a run for their money!


11. Daniel Bedingfield
I haven't heard any music from Daniel other than this one song, which I've been obsessed with for about a month now. It's unfortunately very short, and some of you may think it's a bit too repetitive - but I figure if what he keeps repeating sounds amazing then why bother adding more (though he really should make this song longer anyway!) Caution: the music video's pretty explicit and the music takes a while to properly start, pretty much due to the all the women ripping his clothes off - ENJOY!
Daniel Bedingfield - Rocks Off


12. Gin Wigmore
This blonde bombshell from New Zealand has a wonderful smoky voice and some pretty bad-ass lyrics to match!
Gin Wigmore - Black Sheep








13. Hermitude
I heard one of their songs off of Triple J's Hottest 100 Hits 2012 album and loved it, and since then I've discovered another one which has proved to be just as good. There aren't any lyrics yet the song is very laid back however still has a good beat, so they aren't really needed to make this song great.
Hermitude - HyperParadise





14. Kevin Rudolf
Kevin's been around in the music business for a while now and continues to make really good music. Due to a lot of his older songs being a bit more hip hop, his voice has always been surprisingly good, so it's nice to hear a bit more of a pop sound in some more recent songs of his.
Kevin Rudolf - Don't Give Up





15. Siren
So this guy on the left's name is actually Stefan Niedermeyer, and he actually used to go to my school and is the son of a teacher that still works here as well as a family friend. Since graduating, he's moved to England and has become a singer/songwriter. His songs are a mix of indie and pop, and are really catchy. He has a great voice and his lyrics, written by himself of course, are really great.
Siren - Buckets of Blood
Siren - The Surrender (Acoustic)



16. The Hunger Games
The soundtrack came out around a couple of months ago along with the amazing movie itself, however like a lot of songs it seems recently, I've only just listened to the album. These two songs specifically are really mellow and pretty, and definitely suit the atmosphere of the film.
The Civil Wars - Kingdom Come
Birdy - Just A Game




17. Mathai (The Voice)
This girl has been phenomenal on The Voice this season! Her voice is beautiful and one of the best on the show by far. I loved her rendition of this song, originally sung by John Legend.
Mathai - Ordinary People








What's your favourite song been this spring?

2 comments:

  1. I love music too! : ) Great post! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i'm sure you have great taste (: xx

      Delete